Friday, October 28, 2005

Poll: which side of your head has more grey hair

I want to see if there is any correlation between which side of your head contains more grey hair (adjust for where you part your hair), and whether you are right- or left-handed. I would also like to see if there is any difference on this between men and women.

I hypothesize that people tend to have more grey on the side of their head opposite their dominant hand. For instance: I am left-handed and have more grey hair on the right side of my head. I would like to check how common this is, at least among older bloggers.

Although the poll is not designed scientifically, if the results are interesting, I'll approach a physician in the hospital where I work for advice on conducting a real study. Perhaps there is some genetic explanation (e.g. it is known that redheads require more anesthesia due to their genetic makeup).

The poll is found on the side bar to the right. The poll asks five questions. Please answer all five. Please take the poll only once. I would appreciate it if anyone stopping by would help publicize the poll. Thanks very much.